UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Northern Ireland Secretary of State Brandon Lewis have both issued apologies to the families of the Ballymurphy Massacre victims, apologies that the families have slammed as "disgraceful."Today, May 13, two days after the ten victims of the 1971 Ballymurphy Massacre in Belfast were declared "entirely innocent," copies of Prime Minister Boris Johnson's brief letter to the families of the victims began to circulate online.
Northern Ireland veteran could face criminal charges over 'Ballymurphy massacre' after coroner ruled British paratroopers shot dead 10 'innocent' people in IRA clash - as PM writes to families recognising 'terrible hurt'
The ex-paratrooper, known only as M3, killed builder Edward Doherty, judge said A coroner on Tuesday found that those who died in 1971 in Belfast were innocent She found nine of the 10 had been killed by soldiers, and use of force not needed Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis told Commons Government was sorry A Northern Ireland veteran could face criminal charges over the 'Ballymurphy massacre' 50 years ago.
On the day the government formally apologised to the families of ten people killed by the army in Ballymurphy in 1971, a DUP MP and military veterans have called for other Troubles deaths to be investigated to the same standard.In the House of Commons on Thursday, NI Secretary Brandon Lewis said the conclusion of the inquest on Tuesday ended a “long and distressing quest” for truth.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has written a letter of apology to the families of the Ballymurphy massacre.Mr Johnson had faced criticism for the families for releasing an apology via a statement, rather than delivering himself in parliament.This task was left to Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis, with Mr Johnson’s letter sent afterwards to the family.
The Ballymurphy families have received a letter from the Prime Minister in which Boris Johnson expressed his personal sorrow for the “terrible hurt that has been caused” by the deaths of 10 innocent civilians 50 years ago.On Tuesday, coroner Mrs Justice Keegan found that those who died in Belfast in August 1971 were “entirely innocent”.
The British government is “truly sorry” for the events in Ballymurphy 50 years ago, in which 10 innocent people were killed, the Northern Ireland Secretary, Brandon Lewis, has said.On Tuesday, coroner Mrs Justice Keegan found that those who died in west Belfast in August 1971 were “entirely innocent”.
A U.K. government minister has stood before lawmakers and formally apologized for the killing of 10 civilians during unrest in Belfast half a century ago, as Britain and Northern Ireland struggle to come to terms with the events of the past A U.K. government minister stood before lawmakers Thursday and formally apologized for the killing of 10 civilians during unrest in Belfast half a century ago, as Britain and Northern Ireland struggle to come to terms with the events of the past.
Boris Johnson is to write letters of apology to the families of 10 people killed during a British army operation in Ballymurphy in 1971 after his initial attempt to apologise backfired and angered them.The Northern Ireland secretary, Brandon Lewis, made a public apology on behalf of the UK government in the House of Commons on Thursday, two days after the conclusion of an inquest into the shootings, and said the prime minister would write to the families.
The daughter of a Ballymurphy victim has said Boris Johnson “does not care” about people in Northern Ireland.Families of those who were killed in 1971 reacted angrily today after the British government delivered an apology for the deaths of 10 innocent civilians in Belfast 50 years ago.
The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Brandon Lewis, has said the government is "truly sorry" for what occurred when 10 innocent civilians were shot dead in west Belfast in August 1971.For all the latest news and reaction concerning the Secretary of State's statement please scroll down.
The Prime Minister will personally address those related to the victims Boris Johnson will write a letter of apology to the families of those killed in the Ballymurphy massacre.Northern Ireland Secretary of State Brandon Lewis also made a public apology to the families in the House of Commons today.
The government has said it is "truly sorry" for the events at Ballymurphy 50 years ago in which 10 innocent people were killed.Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis made the apology in the Commons.It comes after a coroner on Tuesday concluded the victims of shootings over three days in August 1971 were "entirely innocent" and the British Army was responsible for nine of the fatal shootings.
Ballymurphy: UK government 'truly sorry' for events in Northern Ireland where 10 innocent people were killed in 1971
The UK government has said it is "truly sorry" for the events at Ballymurphy in Northern Ireland 50 years ago in which 10 innocent people were killed.Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis made the apology in the Commons."The events of Ballymurphy should never have happened, the families of those who were killed should never have had to experience the grief and trauma of that loss," he said.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is to write to the families of the Ballymurphy victims in person to apologise for their deaths.Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis told the House of Commons Mr Johnson would contact the families as he said the Government is "truly sorry" for the events 50 years ago which left 10 innocent people dead.