The long-awaited ministerial list of President Buhari is finally out and while there are mixed reactions over the names on the list, one cannot miss out on the fact that we have just one returning minister from the south-west who has successfully made the ministerial list.
The 2015 ministers from the South-West included:
Kayode Fayemi – Minister of Solid Minerals
Kemi Adeosun – Minister of Finance
Cladius Omoleye Daramola – Minister of State, Niger Delta
Isaac Adewole – Minister of Health
Adebayo Shittu – Minister of Communication
Babatunde Fashola – Federal Minister of Power, Works and Housing
Of the above-mentioned individuals, former Lagos State Governor and Super Minister, Babatunde Fashola is the only minister from the South West who was part of the President’s previous cabinet that is making a return.
The federal ministry of Power, Works and Housing in a compiled list in 2018 reeled out its achievements under the leadership of Fashola, they include:
366 km was started and completed within President Buhari’s two-year administration
* 430 km was rehabilitated
* 24 bridges were constructed
* 19 bridges were maintained
* 2.434 m linear bridges were maintained
* The total linear bridges done within two years is 3,488 meters
* 29,686 linear meters of culverts were also constructed
* 260,461 m linear meters of concrete-lined drains were constructed
* 1,221 km of roads have been marked The ministry went on to say all the projects employed 17,749 people at different stages.
From the above can we categorically say that Fashola deserves to be singled out as the only returning minister from the south-west.
Share your thoughts