The United Arab Emirate (UAE) embassy in Nigeria has reacted to the widely circulated news that it has suspended the issuance of its three-months tourist visas to Nigerians who desire to travel to Dubai.
The United Arab Emirate (UAE) embassy in Nigeria has denied suspending three-month tourist visas to Nigerians who wishs to visit the country.
The country’s embassy yesterday night in a tweet clarified its stance on the alleged suspension.
In a tweet Thursday night, the embassy described the reports of the suspension of three months tourist visas to Nigerians as inaccurate.
The embassy stressed the importance of journalists sourcing news from its officials instead of unofficial sources.
See the response below:
UAE Embassy in Nigeria
In light of the press reports published today alleging that the UAE has suspended issuing tourist visas to Nigerian nationals, the UAE Embassy in Abuja announces that these news are inaccurate and stresses the importance of sourcing news from its official channel”
A travels and tours firm, Afric Holidays, had in a terse statement on its Instagram page Wednesday stated that Nigerian Passport holders were no longer eligible to three months UAE Tourist Visa.
“Nigerian Passport holders are now restricted to one month, 96 hours and 48 hours UAE Tourist Visas till further notice,” the firm said.
The new policy was corroborated by some Nigerians who tried to get Dubai visa online.
The shift in visa policy came two days after five Nigerians were arrested for robbing a Bureau de Change operator of Dh2.3 million (N225.4 million) in Sharjai, Dubai.
The suspects were identified as Chimuanya Emmanuel Ozoh, Benjamin Nwachukwu Ajah, Kingsley Ikenna Ngoka, Tochukwu Leonard Alisi and Chile Micah Ndunagu.
Nigerians on Twitter are blaming the Nigerian bandits for the new visa policy.
Revealed… Nigerian Armed Robbers Who Robbed Bureau De Change Agent
The identities of five Nigerian suspected armed robbers who were arrested in the United Arab Emirate, UAE, for robbing a Bureau De Change of the sum of N226.2 million (Dh2.3 million), have been revealed.
The culprits are: Chimuanya Ozoh, Benjamin Ajah, Kingsley Ngoka, Tochukuw Alisi and Chile Ndunagu.
The Nigerians were alleged to have stormed a Bureau De Change in Sharjah and carted away Dh2.3 million.
According to Sharjah police, the suspected Nigerian robbers had been arrested.
Two employees at the BDC were said to be injured during the operation by the suspects who entered UAE on visit visas, on March 18.
Major General Saif AlZari Al-Shamsi, Commander-in-Chief of Sharjah Police, on Instagram stressed that Sharjah Police would continue its efforts to eliminate all negative phenomena and reduce theft crimes committed by violators of entry and residency laws.
Al-Shamsi revealed that Sharjah police managed to identify and arrest the five members gang from African nationality, after they broke into Al Ansari Exchange, and seized on more than AED 2 million.
Colonel Ibrahim Al Ajel, Director of Sharjah Criminal Investigation Department, said that Sharjah Police Central Operations Room received a theft report, and immediately the investigation department officers moved to the scene location.
However, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, had condemned the act of five Nigerians arrested for the alleged robbery of Dh 2.3m in Sharjah Area of Dubai, UAE.
A statement by the Special Assistant Media to the SSA, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, said the action of the five Nigerians is condemnable.
She described the action of the Nigerians in a foreign land as despicable and shameful as it was not in accordance with good character of Nigerians.