Conor McGregor's manager blasts Dustin Poirier's 'low move' in going public on the Irishman's failure to donate $500,000 to his charity after a war of words that saw The Notorious CANCEL their July 10 decider
Conor McGregor's manager has slammed Dustin Poirier's 'low move' in going public on the Irishman's failure to donate $500,000 to his charity, which sparked a bitter row and led to their trilogy fight being called off.The Notorious One unleashed an astonishing rant on Monday, calling Poirier an 'inbred hillbilly' while vowing to make him 'pay with his brain' after being angered by the American's comments.
Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier got into a war of words on Twitter recently.Dustin Poirier outed McGregor on his false promise for a $500,000 donation towards Dustin Poirier’s charity after the fight at UFC 257.Much of the narrative going into the fight was the growth of two men into not only two of the best fighters but also as humans.
In a below-the-belt rant on social media platform Twitter, Conor McGregor has stated that his trilogy fight with "Diamond" Dustin Poirier is OFF.The rematch between the two men is currently scheduled to take place on July 10 at UFC 264 in Las Vegas, but these latest remarks from the Irish fighter clearly place the fight in some jeopardy.
Just when things were shaping out very well, Conor McGregor has called off his trilogy bout against Dustin Poirier, via Twitter.Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier were expected to face off in a trilogy bout on the 10th of July, later this year.Dustin had evened out the rivalry, earlier this year at UFC 257, knocking out McGregor in their rematch.
During Conor McGregor’s last fight against Dustin Poirier you’d be forgiven for believing the normally volatile Conor McGregor had turned over a new leaf.No trash talk in the lead up to the event, no drama infused press conferences or chaotic staredowns — just mutual respect between two human beings about to knock lumps out of each other.
Conor McGregor has claimed that his eagerly anticipated UFC trilogy fight against Dustin Poirier will no longer take place.The lightweight rivals were set for a third meeting at UFC 264 on July 10, six months after Poirier gained revenge for his emphatic 2014 defeat with a second-round stoppage at UFC 257 in Abu Dhabi.
Gettyimages | Handout Sports The highly-anticipated third fight between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier appears to be in jeopardy after the two continued their feud via Twitter on Monday.The two are scheduled to fight for the third time at UFC 264 on July 10, but McGregor tweeted on Monday that the fight is off while calling Poirier an "inbred hillbilly."
Dustin Poirier was just as surprised as the rest of us when Conor McGregor announced their UFC 264 fight is off.After Poirier went to social media to say McGregor never donated the $500k to his charity as promised, the Irishman went on a rampage on Twitter.
Before their rematch at UFC 257 in January, Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier built more of a friendly rivalry than a heated feud.Much of that goodwill came from McGregor’s promise to donate $500,000 to The Good Fight Foundation, Poirier’s personal charity.
Kevin Lee is hoping Conor McGregor is serious that he won’t be fighting Dustin Poirier on July 10.After Poirier took to social media to say the Irishman never donated the $500k to his charity as he promised, McGregor responded with his reasoning.Conor said that he needed to know where the money would be going, and after a couple more tweets from Poirier, “Notorious” said he will no longer be fighting Poirier at UFC 264 on July 10.
MMAWeekly’s Jim “Gries” Grieshaber and Jeff Cain break down the weekly news in MMA, including Conor McGregor recently telling Dustin Poirier that their trilogy fight is off, and talk about the upcoming UFC events in Las Vegas on the UFC Vegas 23 Fallout show.
UPDATE 8:08 AM PT — Conor McGregor is not happy about being called out by Poirier — firing backwash more insults and claiming he’s PULLING OUT of their planned July rematch at UFC 264.“You’re ripped you inbred hillbilly,” Conor posted moments ago … “Why do you wink with your ears?
That’s all he can stands, he can’t stands no more!Former UFC “champ champ” Conor McGregor is so mad at Dustin Poirier, after “The Diamond” made him look like a cheapskate on social media, that “Notorious” demanded the promotion find a new opponent for his Octagon return on July 10.
Poirier tweeted to suggest that McGregor had not followed through on his pledge to donate half a million dollars to his charity Conor McGregor has told Dustin Poirier their trilogy fight scheduled for the summer is off after an exchange of slurs on Twitter.Piorior beat McGregor at UFC 257 in January, and they were set to fight for a third time on 10 July after the pair claimed they had signed a contract.
The Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor 3 bout could be off at UFC 264.After another round of tweets between the two stars Monday, MMA Fighting’s Mike Heck and Alexander K. Lee break down the potential loss of a megafight.Get the latest gear Sponsored Content This Game is So Beautiful it's Worth Installing Just to See Raid: Shadow Legends If You Are A Dog Owner This No Pull Harness Is A Must-Have Doggykingdom Cancelled TV Shows: Effective Immediately The Delite 25 Flat-Out Bizarre Amish Traditions Most People Don't Know About Definition The 2021 Kia Seltos Sure Is Impressive!
9:36 PM IST Brett Okamoto Close MMA columnist for ESPN.com Analyst for "MMA Live" Covered MMA for Las Vegas Sun Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier built up a lot of goodwill prior to their non-title fight at UFC 257 in January, but that appears to be gone.