Sign in
Download Opera News App

Wildfire

Decatur house fire caused by damaged extension cord, fire officials say

Decatur house fire caused by damaged extension cord, fire officials say

DECATUR — Fire officials say a Saturday evening house fire at 1433 Main St. was found to have been caused by a damaged extension cord that was used for a space heater. A statement from the Decatur Fire Department said crews arrived at the residence around 10:56 p.m. to find smoke coming from the second floor and the fire was extinguished in...

Read Full Story
Decatur Fire Department IMG_4012.jpeg Main St. Tim May