(Reuters) - Whitehaven Coal Ltd on Thursday marginally reduced its coal production outlook for fiscal 2021, attributing it to downtime at its Narrabri mine in New South Wales due to some engineering work and machinery repairs. Australia's largest independent coal miner said it expects full-year run-of-mine coal output at 20.4 metric tonnes (Mt) from a previous range of 20.6 Mt to 21.4 Mt.
* AXJO ends 0.8% higher for the week * Miners soar as iron ore, copper prices hit record high * Tech stocks post worst week in 11 (Updates to close) By Vasudha Kaukuntla May 7 (Reuters) - Australian shares ended higher on Friday, posting a weekly gain after two straight weeks of losses, as soaring commodity prices boosted miners, while the central bank raising its forecasts for the economy also buoyed sentiment.
* Tech stocks biggest drag on ASX200 * China suspends China-Australia economic dialogue * Travel stocks hit as Sydney reintroduces virus curbs (Updates to close) By Vasudha Kaukuntla May 6 (Reuters) - Australian shares fell on Thursday, dragged down by a sell-off in tech shares, while the country's escalating tensions with China and fresh coronavirus curbs in Sydney also weighed on investor sentiment.
* Gold stocks rise more than 3%, biggest gainers on ASX * Australian cenbank holds rates for 5th straight meeting * NZ rises more than 1%, hits highest in nearly 3 months (Updates to close) By Vasudha Kaukuntla May 4 (Reuters) - Australian shares closed higher on Tuesday as the central bank raised its economic growth forecast and kept interest rates on hold, with commodity-related stocks leading the way on the benchmark index.
* Financial stocks sole gainers on ASX * Westpac climbs 5% on upbeat interim results * NZ shares up 0.3%, gain for fourth day (Updates to close) By Vasudha Kaukuntla May 3 (Reuters) - Australian shares ended flat on Monday with losses in miners and tech stocks offsetting gains in financials amid muted trading in broader Asian markets.
* Gold stocks record worst day in over a week * AMP gains on plans to spin off private markets business * NZ up 0.6% (Updates to close) By Vasudha Kaukuntla April 23 (Reuters) - Australian shares ended marginally higher on Friday but recorded their first weekly loss in five, as a possible capital gains tax hike in the United States and surging coronavirus cases in parts of the world subdued risk sentiment.
* Gold stocks up after two sessions of falls * AMP biggest loser among financials, down over 3% * NZ shares up 0.3%, Fisher & Paykel biggest gainer (Updates to close) By Vasudha Kaukuntla April 22 (Reuters) - Australian shares closed higher on Thursday, joining a rebound in global equities as gold and healthcare stocks advanced, while AGL Energy hit a record low after its chief executive officer resigned.
* Tech, energy stocks biggest losers on Aussie benchmark * Software maker Nuix slumps on weak FY21 forecast * NZ stocks decline more than 1% (Updates to close) By Vasudha Kaukuntla April 21 (Reuters) - Australian shares on Wednesday recorded their worst session in nearly two months, with travel stocks declining significantly, as investors refrained from placing big bets on concerns over a global spike in COVID-19 infections.
* Travel stocks rise on open-border system between Australia-NZ * Lithium miner Orocobre among top gainers on Galaxy buyout * Energy stocks slip on weaker oil prices amid surging cases (Updates to close) By Vasudha Kaukuntla April 19 (Reuters) - Australian shares closed flat on Monday as losses among energy and technology sectors erased an early mining boost, while tourism-related stocks found some respite as a travel bubble between Australia and New Zealand kicked off. The S&P/ASX 200 index closed flat
* AMP tops ASX200 gainers with 5.5% rise, co appoints group CEO * Financials dip as regulators take action on Macquarie Bank, CBA * Australia, New Zealand markets closed on Friday By Vasudha Kaukuntla April 1 (Reuters) - Australian shares rose on Thursday, tracking an overnight Wall Street rally that
* Miners gain as Chinese iron ore futures hold firm; FMG, RIO up * Energy stocks rise more than 1% as oil prices stabilise * AMP jumps 5% as co reiterates that CEO has not resigned By Vasudha Kaukuntla March 26 (Reuters) - Australian shares climbed on Friday, lifted by