City of London Police leads crackdown on international importation and distribution of illegal pharmaceutical drugs
The City of London Police’s Serious Organised Crime Team executed a series of warrants at several addresses last week as part of an investigation into the illegal importation and distribution of unregulated pharmaceutical drugs from India into the UK. Officers from the unit attended six premises in North West London and Slough on Tuesday 13 July 2021, resulting in four arrests, as well as the seizure of approximately 1,200 kilograms of Class C pharmaceutical drugs and £60,000 cash.
* Hang Seng index ends up 1.83% * China Enterprises index HSCE rises 1.79% * HSI financial sector sub-index is 1.6% higher; property sector up 1.8% July 22 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares rose on Thursday, after four straight sessions of losses and tracking regional peers higher on a rebound in consumer and financials firms, even as investors harbour nagging doubts about the state of the global economic recovery.
* HK->Shanghai Connect daily quota used 2.9%, Shanghai->HK daily quota used 6.9% July 9 (Reuters) - Hong Kong stocks rose on Friday after eight straight sessions of falls, but marked their worst week in more than four months due to a tech rout fuelled by regulatory concerns.
Animal rights activists in China have saved the lives of 68 dogs that were destined to be slaughtered at the Lychee and Dog Meat Festival in the city of Yulin—located in the Guangxi autonomous region. The activists intercepted a truck packed with the dogs outside the city, just as the festival was set to begin, animal rights non-profit Humane Society International (HSI) said in a statement.
* Hang Seng index ends down 1.13% * China Enterprises index HSCE falls 1.14% * HSI financial sector sub-index -1.3%; property sector -1.2% June 3 (Reuters) - Hong Kong's Hang Seng index fell on Thursday, tracking regional indexes lower as global investors awaited key U.S. economic data for indications signs of an economic rebound and rising inflation.
* SSEC -0.45%, CSI300 -0.84%, HSI -0.21% * Commodity sector up; China measures seen to have fleeting effect * Tencent weighs on Hang Seng after Q1 results SHANGHAI, May 21 (Reuters) - China shares fell on Friday dragged down by financials and consumer firms, while a sharp drop in gaming and social media giant Tencent Holdings Ltd despite a forecast-beating profit jump weighed on the Hong Kong's benchmark index.
Special agents from the Phoenix office of Homeland Security Investigations, with help from local police, arrested a Mesa man accused of sexual child exploitation last Thursday. Justin Hansing, 36, of Mesa, faces multiple counts of child sexual exploitation, HSI said. HSI special agents executed a state search warrant at his home after getting a tip he could have sexually explicit material of children.
A former professor of Georgia's oldest and most well-known public university has been sentenced to prison and will have to register as a sex offender following his recent conviction.“Viewing child pornography is a direct assault against the very children who are being exploited on film," acting U.S. Attorney Peter D. Leary said.
* HK->Shanghai Connect daily quota used 13.2%, Shanghai->HK daily quota used 6% SHANGHAI, May 14 (Reuters) - Hong Kong stocks, which rose on Friday tracking gains in other Asian markets, posted weekly drops on tech sell-off amid worries over China's anti-monopoly probes.
Investigators seized nearly a ton of methamphetamine Wednesday on Houston’s north side, Homeland Security Investigations announced.In all, 1,789 pounds of meth was seized.Officials tweeted photos of numerous large, red barrels along with bags of the drug.Homeland Security said the bust was part of a joint operation that included the DEA, ATF, Houston police and fire, Texas DPS and Harris County Pct.
* HK->Shanghai Connect daily quota used -0.2%, Shanghai->HK daily quota used 1.2% May 7 (Reuters) - Hong Kong stocks slipped on Friday to post weekly losses, weighed down by tech firms sensitive to tensions between China and the West.** At the close of trade, the Hang Seng index was down 26.81 points or 0.09% at 28,610.65.
An Orange Park man will spend 27 months in prison followed by 10 years of supervised release after being convicted of possessing images and videos of child sexual abuse.Robert Lee Martin, 66, was sentenced after pleading guilty on Feb. 6, 2020, according to a news release Thursday from the U.S. Department of Justice.
* Hang Seng index ends up 0.7% * China Enterprises index HSCE gains 0.49% * HSI financial sub-index climbs 0.78% * Property sector up 0.5% HONG KONG, May 4 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares settled higher on Tuesday, with energy stocks leading the gains on signs of recovery from the coronavirus pandemic as major economies around the world reopen.
* Hang Seng index climbs 0.25% * China Enterprises index HSCE gains 0.1% * HSI financial sub-index rises 0.3%; tech index up 0.4% HONG KONG, May 4 (Reuters) - Hong Kong stocks rose on Tuesday, with energy shares leading gains, buoyed by rising oil prices as easing coronavirus curbs in the U.S and Europe raised demand growth hopes.
4 / 13 HSI personnel escorts a man wearing handcuffs to a transport bus from a residence in southwest Houston, Texas.At least several of the people showed symptoms of COVID-19 infection, including fever and lack of taste or smell, Edward said.The victims told police they had not eaten recently.
* Hang Seng index ends down 1.28% * China Enterprises index HSCE falls 1.04% * HSI financial sub-index is down 2%; property sector slips 0.6% HONG KONG, May 3 (Reuters) - Hong Kong stocks fell on Monday, due to profit-booking after a recent rally in subdued trading as the Chinese markets were closed for holidays, while rising COVID-19 cases in the region raised concerns of more measures and deeper economic pain.
ODESSA, Texas – A former Texas firefighter admitted to looking at and having child pornography on his phone, even accessing it while at work.Jeremy Lee Barrera, 36, pled guilty to possessing child pornography on his cell phone in federal court this week.HSI investigators say they were looking into an online child sex exploitation case when they found two IP addresses in Odessa, each used by a “Ray Jones” who went into an online chat to view the pornography.
Police have not confirmed or denied whether any arrests have been made but said several of the inhabitants were found unwell and in need of food and water Ninety migrants have reportedly been discovered crammed into a house in what is thought to be a possible human smuggling operation.Officers say they were responding to calls of a suspected kidnapping when they attended the address in Houston, US, to find the inhabitants huddled together having "not eaten in a while."