President of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan has denied that he said President Muhammadu Buhari would be sending the ministerial list to the National Assembly this week.
According to QED.ng, the Senate President made the denial after he met with President Buhari on Thursday night at the Presidential Villa’s new Banquet Hall at Abuja. Lawan had said that he had been quoted out of context on Wednesday.
“Let me take the opportunity to correct that. A senator raised a point of order under personal explanation.
“He said we should be sent the list of the ministers by the executive arm of government and in my response, I said the executive is working so hard to ensure that the list of Nigerians that will help this administration work is going to be transmitted and we could even receive it this week.
“’We could’ is conditional and I will urge everybody here to report it as it is,” Lawan said.
Those who had attended the meeting with the President include the Deputy Senate President Ovie Omo-Agege; Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, the Speaker of the House of Representatives: as well as Hon. Ahmed Wase, the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Also in attendance at the meeting was Comr. Adams Oshiomhole, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), as well as some aides of the President.
Recall that, THE PUNCH had on Wednesday reported that the Senate President will submit a list of ministerial nominees for the consideration and approval of the Senate this week.
Lawan was said to have stated this at the plenary as he explained that the executive arm of government was working assiduously to make sure that the list would be ready before the Senators take their yearly two month recess.
Senator Bassey Akpan had raised a point of order, that a delay in the submission of the list could have an effect on the holidays of the senators. Lawan had reportedly made the statement above to react to Senator Bassey.
What are your thoughts on this story? Kindly leave your comments in the comment section below.