Rivers is 100% PDP As Appeal Court Confirms APC Does Not Exist in the State

The All progressives congress APC will have to rely on the Supreme Court to have any chance of fielding candidates for next year’s elections in Rivers State. 

This is because a Court of Appeal in Port-Harcourt has confirmed that the Rivers state chapter of the APC won’t field candidates for the 2019 general elections in the state.

In addition to dismissing the appeal filed by Tonye Cole, Justice Abubakar Yahaya also confirmed a previous ruling that Rivers state has no ward executives, local government executives and state executives.

The Rivers state APC senatorial, House of Representatives and House of Assembly primaries had also previously been nullified, in addition to the nomination of Cole as the APC’s governorship candidate.

The Port-Harcourt division of the court made the confirmation when it dismissed the appeal filed by the factional Rivers state APC governorship candidate, Tonye Cole, Vanguard reports.

The court, led by Justice Abubakar Yahaya, further dismissed the appeal filed by the sacked Rivers state APC chairman, Ojukaye Flag Amachree, as it also confirmed the judgment of Justice Chinwendu Nwogu that Rivers state has no ward executives, local government executives and state executives. According to the court, both appeals lacked merit.

A third appeal was also dismissed because it was filed out of time and therefore statute barred. It focused on the judgment by Justice Chinwendu Nwogu. Justice Yahaya, delivering judgment, said the appeal against the Justice Chinwendu Nwogu High Court judgment on the party congress crisis lacks merit. He added that the application for joinder failed to observe the 14 days rule of appeals.

According to Yahya, the Ojukaye faction failed to seek leave of court before appealing against the Justice Nwogu judgment. He said the Ojukaye faction should have done the needful, legally, before approaching the court.

It will be recalled that the nomination of Tonye Cole as the APC’s governorship candidate in Rivers had been nullified by a Port Harcourt high court on October 10, 2018. The court ruled that Tonye’s nomination was a function of illegality and unconstitutional acts.
The Rivers state APC senatorial, House of Representatives and House of Assembly primaries were also nullified.

The High Court further nullified all the elections of Rivers APC ward executives, local government executives and the State Executive Committee that arose; as it ruled that they arose from illegal ward congresses which were not conducted in line with the guidelines and constitution of the APC.

SHOCKING! This man spent two years in prison for false rape accusation

A Nigerian man has been released from one of the Port Harcourt maximum prisons after spending two years on a rape case he did not commit.

Image result for Rape case

 

Activist, Harrison Gwamnishu, who shared the story online, alleged that the parents of the ex-inmate’s girlfriend, conspired with some police officers to accuse him of rape and got him locked up just to keep him away from their daughter.

Photos: Man spent two years in Nigerian prison after his ex-girlfriend

 

Read what Gwamnishu wrote on his twitter handle…

”SECURED HIS RELEASE AFTER 2YEARS Case struck out for lack of diligence prosecution.

Arrested by @PoliceNG Portharcourt on allegation of rape. He had a relationship with a girl and the girl’s parents were not comfortable with the affair. They conspired using Police as a tool to keep the boy away At the Police station, the accusers dropped the case but the boy couldn’t provide money for bail and was charged to court 10th July, 2016. In less than 3 weeks we heard his story, his now a free man”

Photos: Man spent two years in Nigerian prison after his ex-girlfriend

What do you think of the wrongful arrest?

WE ARE ONLY DOING OUR JOB!! EFCC kicks against alleged attack on PDP governors

The EFCC has dismissed reports of alleged witch-hunt of state governors particularly those belonging to the opposition party.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), on Monday says that the fight against corruptions n in the country is not mention to witch-hunt anyone, or state government.  The Acting Chairman of the anti-graft agency, Ibrahim Magu stated this during the 2018 anti-corruption walk  in Port Harcourt the Rivers state capital with the collaboration  of Civil Society Organisations in the state on Monday.

Represented by the Zonal Head Port Harcourt Operation of the EFCC, Nnaghe Itam, a Police Inspector,  Magu describes the graft war as a fight for accountability and  vowed the commission’s commitment to sustaining it until corruption is stamped out of the system. Itam said, ” The war is ongoing to force corruption out of Nigeria. It is not a fight against any State government, it is a fight for good governance and transparency.It is a fight for accountability,it is a fight to ensure we have development,it is a fight to ensure that real dividends of democracy are delivered to the people”

The zonal EFCC boss explained,” The fight against corruption is not selective, it has to start somewhere and where it started is where it is supposed to start” “It is for sincerity .The fight against corruption is like a moving train whatever obstacle we meet on the way, we crush it and move on”

He extolled the achievements of the fight stressing that the gains  are obvious to the public. Speaking also, the Program Officer of Social Action, Isaac Green, said the CSOs decided to take the fight against corruption to the road with EFCC because corruption hinders development.

He said, “Our collaboration with EFCC against corruption  is strong because the commission has come to belief that this fight will rid corruption out in our society”.

Please share your views in the comment section.

Pandemonium As Seven-Storey Building Collapse In Port Harcourt, 15 feared Dead

A building has just collapsed in the Garden City, Port Harcourt. The building of seven stories collapsed on Monday with about fifteen people recorded as dead while thirty one people have been rescued alive from the rubbles so far.

Ejike Martins, the South-South Coordinator, NEMA, has said that thirty one persons have been rescued alive, while fifteen others were unable to be rescued and were brought out of the rubble dead, at the site of the collapsed in Port Harcourt.

Image result for nema portharcout building collapse

Martins speaking to newsmen in Port Harcourt on Monday, said that every floor of the seven-floor building fell on each other in the process of the collapse, making the effort of rescue operators ‘appear to be slow’.

According to him, the complexity of the incident is caused by the slow pace of rescue operations at the collapsed seven-storey building in Port Harcourt.

Image result for nema portharcout building collapse

He said: “The peculiarity of this collapse is such that every floor fell directly on the other; the implication is that the debris will be removed bit by bit.

“This is what has made the operation to be seen as relatively slow, this is also the reason it is taking some time.’’

Martins said the organisations involved in the rescue operations had been very proactive but added that they were constrained by the peculiarity of the collapse.

Image result for nema portharcout building collapse

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that a seven-storey building under construction at the Government Reserved Area, Port Harcourt collapsed on November 19.

NAN recalls that the rescue operations at the site of the building collapse were being criticized by some members of the public as “slow and poor”.

Drop a comment in the comment section below, let’s hear what you have to say about this story.

Remember the Man that killed and buried his girlfriend in his living room? He is about to get married… you won’t believe to whom

A few days ago, news made the rounds that a Port Harcourt Man had killed and buried his pregnant girlfriend in his living room, the man is currently in police custody but the father of the deceased girl is insisting that the murderer marries his dead daughter.

The father of a pregnant woman who was murdered and buried by his lover in Nigeria is insisting the man should marry her corpse before burial. The man, who is in police custody, allegedly killed his pregnant lover and buried her corpse in his one-bedroom apartment.

The suspect identified as Prince Owabie from Rumueperikom community in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area in River state was arrested by the police for investigation and possible prosecution. He is reported to have buried the deceased also identified as Bertha Ozige Nwabueze in his room around Wimpy Junction, by Ikwerre Road in Port Harcourt.

The gruesome incident occurred on Sunday, but the suspect was arrested on Tuesday, by policemen following a tip-off. The suspect popularly known as J-Boy had reportedly confided the act in some of his friends who later hinted the police, leading to his arrest. The father of the deceased, Mr.Wilfred Nwovueze, insists J-BOY must marry the corpse of his daughter and perform the full traditional marriage rites as the customs and tradition of Ndele people in Emohua local Government area.

Nwovueze told Journalists on Thursday, December 6, that the marriage is in line with a compulsory traditional rites of Ndele people in Emohua LGA of Rivers State where the deceased hailed from. He, therefore, pleaded with security agencies to ensure that justice is done in the killing of his daughter.

Please share your views in the comment section.

PDP: Wike Finally Buries Rumours Of Disloyalty As He Meets Atiku, Other Party Chieftains For a Groundbreaking Meeting In PH

Governor of Rivers State, Mr. Nyesom Wike has finally laid to rest insinuation that he’s anti Atiku after hosting the PDP Presidential flag-bearer and other party members in Port Harcourt

Leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) met on Friday at the PDP Campaign Office in Port Harcourt to discuss key issues ahead of the 2019 general elections.

The party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, his running mate, Peter Obi, Director-General of the Presidential Campaign Council, Bukola Saraki, and Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu attended the meeting.

Also, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara and Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers attended the strategy session.

The party’s National Chairman, Uche Secondus; Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto; Abia Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu; Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta; Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi; and his counterpart from Cross River, Ben Ayade, attended the meeting.

Mr Wike had earlier conducted members of the PDP Presidential Council on a tour of the PDP, Rivers chapter campaign office prior to the meeting.

The state office houses the PDP Presidential Campaign Office in Rivers.

Mr Wike also hosted an expanded meeting of PDP national leaders at the Government House Port Harcourt before the meeting.

Those who attended the meeting at Government House included Atiku Abubakar; Mr Obi; Mr Secondus; Mr Wike; Mr Okowa; Mr Ayade; Mr Saraki; Mr Dogara; Mr Tambuwal; Mr Umahi; and Ben Bruce.

Former governor of Cross River, Liyel Imoke; former Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives, Austin Opara, Olaka Nwogu, Hassan Saleh and some National Assembly members of the party also attended the meeting. (NAN)

Police Exhume Lady Killed And Buried In A Room Apartment In Port Harcourt For Evidence

The operatives of the Rivers State Police Command, on Thursday, exhumed the decomposing corpse of a woman allegedly murdered by her lover in Rumuepirikom, Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the state.

The woman, who was said to have been in a relationship with one Udenna Uwabie, also known as J-Boy, was buried in her lover’s room after she was allegedly killed on Sunday, December 2, 2018.

It was learnt that J-Boy and his lover, identified as Beta Anyaele, had a disagreement after he accused her of having an affair with another man.

 

A brother to the deceased, Eze Anyaele, said when J-Boy was asked of Beta’s whereabouts since Monday that she had been missing, he said he did not know where she was.

Eze told Southern journalist that while the search continued, the matter was reported at the Kala Police Station, and that the operatives later found out that J-Boy had murdered his sister.

A pensive Eze called on the police to ensure that justice prevailed, noting that his sister must not die in vain.

It was observed that a large crowd had gathered around 10 am on Thursday at a house located along Wimpey, Ikwerre Road in Port Harcourt, where the deceased was buried, to witness the exhumation of the corpse by the police.

An eyewitness, who identified herself as Chika, said the police arrived the scene of the incident, went inside the suspect’s room, opened a shallow grave found in the room, and exhumed the decomposing corpse of a lady.

She said, “We only know the suspect as J-Boy; he is from Rumuepirikom, Obio-Akpor LGA, while the girlfriend hailed from Ndele in Emohua LGA.

“Some police officers came on Thursday morning and exhumed the decomposing remains of the murdered woman right inside J-Boy’s room in Chime’s compound.”

 

When contacted, the Rivers State Police Public Relations Officer, Nnamdi Omoni, said the corpse of the murdered woman was exhumed and her remains taken to the mortuary.

Omoni also confirmed that the suspect had since been arrested and was helping the police in their investigation and would soon be charged to court.

 

“The exhumation of the body was successful; the remains of the victim have been taken to the mortuary and the police have commenced investigation into the incident. The suspect has been arrested,” he added.

Gory! See The Shallow Grave Boyfriend Buried His Pregnant Girlfriend’s Corpse In Port Harcourt

Its indeed a sad sight to behold. A heartless boyfriend who thought his deeds would go unnoticed but its now in the open and the father of the lady victim is calling for the lover boy to marry his daughter.

Mr. Wilfred Nwovueze, has insisted that Prince Owabie aka J-BOY, the suspected killer of his pregnant daughter, Betty must marry her corpse.

Nwovueze told newsmen on Thursday that the marriage is in line with a compulsory traditional rites of Ndele people in Emohua Local Government Area of Rivers State where the deceased hailed from.

He, therefore, pleaded with security agencies to ensure that justice is done in the killing of his daughter


“I don’t want any problem. That girl is my daughter and what I want the Police to do is to allow this J-Boy of a man or his family members to marry my daughter before they bury her.

“All the rites that are due any girl of marriageable age in my community will be done so that there will be no calamity,” he said.

In the meantime, the Rivers state Police Command has exhumed the body of Betty Nwovueze, the murdered girl friend of Prince Owabie in Rumuepirikom, Obio-Akpor Local government area of the state.

That the suspect, Owabie led the personnel to his room where he buried his girlfriend in a shallow grave.

Spokesman of the Command who was also at the scene said the body of the girl will be deposited in the morgue after which an autopsy will be conducted.

 

A sad story indeed. May her soul rest in peace. Say a prayer for her.

REVEALED!! “Our Lives Don’t Matter – Eyewitness Reveals True State Of Search And Rescue At Port Harcourt Collapsed Building

Death toll at the site of the collapsed seven-storey building in Woji Road GRA Phase 2, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, has risen to 17. So far, 31 persons have been reportedly rescued alive. It was gathered that seven bodies were retrieved, on Tuesday, three in the morning and four in the evening. One was brought out, on Monday, including nine other lifeless bodies previously recovered from the debris.

 

Chioma Agwuegbo, the founder of Tech Her Nigeria has expressed concern after visiting the site where a 7-storey building collapsed and trapped people in Port Harcourt. Chioma revealed that the officials on ground aren’t doing enough to see if they can rescue more trapped people. She said that of the three excavators on site, only one is in use. She also added that they haven’t gotten to the ground floor yet even though 13 days have passed since the building collapsed.

 

Image result for 7 storey building collapse in port harcourt

 

 

She tweeted:

 

“Just leaving the site where the building collapsed in PH. 13 days after and they’re not yet at the ground floor yet. Only one excavator is in use. Officials on ground seem quicker to stop people from filming than getting anything done. No urgency. None. There were at least three other excavators on site, but only one was in use. The pace of work I saw? Laughable. But the joke is on us. Our lives don’t matter. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the people trapped in the building.”

 

 

"Our lives don

 

 

In a form of response to the criticisms that have been directed towards the rescue agency, the South South Zonal Coordinator of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Ejike Martins-Udeinya, dismissed reports that NEMA has not done well in the operation, stressing that the NEMA was only a coordinating the operation and not the main rescue agency in such a disaster case.

 

 

Image result for 7 storey building collapse in port harcourt

 

 

“The kind of experience we have in Port Harcourt as it concerns the collapse building we have not had it anywhere else. The way the building collapsed makes it very difficult for us to rescue victims, you have to park everything before you would be able to bring out anyone inside either alive or dead. The building just fell down flat. Something must be wrong somewhere. I hear people say NEMA is not doing enough in the rescue operations, that is not true. We are not rescue agency, but rather coordinating agency, like as soon as we heard the case of collapsed building, we had to call on sister agency whose major work is on rescue. We sent in our equipment, mobilise our men to site. That is why you see operation still going on and we will remain there till everything is done at the site”, he stated.

 

 

 

Please share your thoughts on this with us in the comment section.

SAVAGE!! Port Harcourt man kills girlfriend, buries body in living room

The River State Police command have confirmed the arrest of a man who is alleged to have murdered his girlfriend.

Police Command in Rivers State says it has arrested one Mr Princewill Owabiyo, 34, suspected to have murdered his girlfriend. The command’s Spokesman, Mr Nnamdi Omoni, told News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday in Port Harcourt that the suspect allegedly killed Miss Better Wovez, 32, and buried her in his sitting room.

Omoni, a Deputy Superintendent of Police said both lovers had a quarrel on November 17, 2018, which turned into a fight. He said that it was in the course of the fight that the woman was killed. He said that the suspect concealed the crime, but that the police got a tip-off that led to his arrest. According to Omoni, the suspect is alleged to have used floor tiles in the sitting room to conceal the felony. He added that the suspect left the house after burying his victim in the sitting room.

He said that the suspect had confessed to the police, and led detectives to the house on Ikwerre road in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area, where the body was exhumed. The spokesman said the body was exhumed on Thursday and had been taken to the mortuary. He stated that the relations of the dead lady wanted to vent their anger on the suspect, but that he was saved by the police. Omoni said that investigation into the murder had commenced.

Please share your views in the comment section.