ALLEGED BRIBE TAKING GOVERNOR WANTS TO SPEND N1 BILLION ON ROAD CONTRACT

Under fire governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje, has proposed to spend over N1billion on road construction and rehabilitation in the state.

The Kano state government has set aside N1 billion for the construction of Kofar Mata–Singer– Murtala Mohammed way road in Kano metropolis. This is contained in a statement signed by the state Director–General, Media and Publicity, Ameen Yassar, in Kano on Wednesday. According to Mr Yassar, the governor, Abdullahi Ganduje announced this during a meeting with officials of Ganduje – Gawuna Strategic Awareness Forum, an NGO, at the Government House in Kano.

 

He said the project was one of the capital projects that had been captured in the 2019 Appropriation bill of the state. “This project is one of the projects we are undertaking to ease human and vehicular movement, beautify the city and enhance our ranking on the Ease of Doing Business Index,” he said.

He said the state government also planned an overleaf interchange from the new Murtala Muhammad flyover to link up with a multi-level car park, which would be constructed by the government at Sabon Gari market. He also quoted Mr Ganduje as saying that the multi-level car park constructed by the previous administration at Shahuci, in Kano city, would be completed and converted into a shopping complex.

“The project was hurriedly constructed and it was discovered later on that it is very defective and lacking in the capacity to accommodate vehicles because they are heavy objects. “From the look of things if we allow it to serve as a car park, it may collapse sooner than later,” he explained.

 

On the political front, the governor maintained that the Buhari administration and the government of Kano state have proved themselves worthy of re-election by engaging in life-changing policies and programmes. He expressed optimism that Nigerians would give them another chance to build on the achievements they have so far recorded.

In their separate remarks, the chairman and Secretary of Ganduje/Gawuna Strategic Awareness Forum, Aminu Ahmad and Mannir Sagagi promised to engage in innovative strategies towards the success of the governor’s re-election bid. They urged the governor to take more steps toward the development of small and medium scale enterprises in the state.

Please share your views in the comment section.

2019: Tension In Kano As Ganduje Launches Fresh Attack On Kwankwaso

In what is now degenerating to more than a media uproar,  the Governor of Kano state, Umar Ganduje has again launched a scathing attack on his former friend and political ally, Sen. Rabiu Kwankwaso.

This occurred while speaking at a flag off event for All Progressives Congress (APC) campaigns for Kano Central at Kano Pillars Stadium in Sabon Gari, Kano, Ganduje described Kwankwaso as ‘Politically Crippled’.

He accused Kwankwaso of political insensitivity, vowing to join forces with the people of Kano Central to replace him with Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau.

He said: “Kwankwaso’s three and half years at the Senate have brought no political dividends to the people of Kano Central because the Senator has turned deaf ears to the cries of his people and made no positive contributions to activities of the senate. He is now deaf, dumb and blind and we promise you to replace him with a better candidate in 2019.”

He pointed that there was a need for the people of Kano state to replace him with Ibrahim Shekarau whom he described as a man of the people, whose political achievements over the years exceed those of Kwankwaso.

Similarly, Idris Danbazzau, a former Commissioner for Special Duties during Kwankwaso’s regime, renounced his membership of the Kwankwasiya movement alongside six others, at the political rally.

Danbazau blamed Kwankwaso’s selfish interest and autocratic nature for his decision to join APC, even as he accused the Senator of destroying virtually everything they worked for to build the Kwankwasiya faction of the APC.

What is your take on this… Drop your comments and share the article 

Mind-Blowing!!!! Watch videos and Photos from President Buhari’s Women Rally In Kano, Unbelievable crowd. (VIDEO/PHOTO)

President Muhammadu Buhari seems to have Kano in the bag ahead of the 2019 presidential elections next year. Although in absentia, The All Progressives Congress, APC Presidential Candidate unofficial rally in two Local Government Areas in Kano was attended by a mammoth crowd.

Scroll down to see photos, videos and reactions to the crowd during women rally from just two local governments out of the 44 in kofa town, Bebeji, Kano at the launch of the women version of 2019 campaign for President Buhari and Ganduje organised by Hafsat Umar Ganduje the wife of the embattled governor of Kano state, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje on Sunday. 

President Buhari’s Supporter have also reacted to the development.

President’s aide, Bashir Ahmed wrote on twitter:

“WOMEN for President , and Hon. . Yesterday, the Wife of Kano State Gov. launched women version of 2019 campaign for APC. These are women from only 2 LGs (Kiru/Bebeji) out of the 44 LGs in Kano. Kano; we mean business. Going to the !”

More reactions

Buhari In Trouble Over Ganduje Bribe Video

Even though President Muhammadu Buhari was not in anyway mentioned as an accomplice or beneficiary in the bribery allegation against the Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, his actions seem to have landed him in some form of trouble.

An anti-corruption advocacy group, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP have sued President Buhari for failing to order the probe of the bribery allegation against Ganduje.

Video clips had weeks ago surfaced on the Internet showing the governor allegedly collecting kickbacks from some contractors.

SERAP had, in early November, written an open letter and also given an ultimatum, urging Buhari to direct either the Attorney General of the Federation or anti-graft agencies to probe the bribery allegations against Ganduje.

The anti-corruption group argued that though the alleged bribery directly concerned Kano State, the Federal Government could not afford to look away.

It gave the President seven days to order Ganduje’s probe, threatening to take legal action against the President if he failed to do so.

In a statement on Sunday by its Senior Legal Adviser, Ms Bamisope Adeyanju, SERAP said it had finally sued the President before the Federal High Court in Lagos.

The group said the President had failed to order Ganduje’s probe, saying it became particularly concerned following last week’s ruling of a Kano State High Court, which stopped the Kano State House of Assembly from probing Ganduje.

The group said it is, through its suit, marked FHC/L/CS/2055/18, seeking “an order for leave to apply for judicial review and an order of mandamus directing and/or compelling Mr Buhari to immediately direct the investigation of allegations of bribery against Mr Ganduje.”

“The applicant’s requests are not onerous but simply based on issues of public interest, good governance, transparency and accountability.

“It is in the interest of justice to grant this application, as the respondent has nothing to lose if the application is granted,” SERAP argued in the suit.

SERAP is also, through the suit, seeking an order to compel the President to “instruct appropriate security and law enforcement agencies to ensure the protection and guarantee the safety and security of the journalist, Jaafar Jaafar, who made public the alleged bribery video online.

It is on record that Ganduje has brazenly promised to deliver 5 million votes from Kano to President Buhari in the 2019 elections.

This, some say has made Buhari handicapped in taking any drastic action against Ganduje.

What is your take on this… Drop your comments and share the article 

2019: Political dilemma hits Aso Rock as pressure mount on Buhari to prosecute key ally

President Buhari has been asked by a highly influential human rights group to begin corruption proceedings against key ally and Kano State governor, Abdullahi Ganduje.

The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has gone to court over the alleged failure of President Muhammadu Buhari to order an investigation into allegations of bribery against Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State. The group in a statement signed on Sunday by its Senior Legal Adviser, Bamisope Adeyanju, said President Buhari failed to order the probe after widely circulated video clips emerged, allegedly showing the governor receiving a bribe.

SERAP had in November asked President Buhari to direct the investigation of Mr Ganduje, stating that, “if there is relevant and sufficient admissible evidence, for him to face prosecution at the expiration of his tenure as governor.” The organisation also sought protection for the journalist Jaafar Jaafar, who reportedly published the video clips.

Consequently, the group filed a suit last week Friday at the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos State, seeking an order for leave to apply for judicial review compelling President Buhari to immediately direct the investigation of the bribery allegations

“Investigating allegations of bribery against Mr Ganduje would be entirely consistent with the provisions of Section 15 Subsection (5) of the 1999 Constitution, which requires the government of the respondent to abolish all corrupt practices and abuse of power, regardless of the state where such practices are taking place,” the statement read in part.

The group also claimed that “growing allegations of corruption against many state governors have not been investigated and several of the governors involved are getting away with their alleged crimes. According to SERAP, investigating Ganduje would assist the President to succeed in his fight against corruption and help to combat corruption. “The Applicant’s requests are not onerous but simply based on issues of public interest, good governance, transparency and accountability. It is in the interest of justice to grant this application, as the Respondent has nothing to lose if the application is granted,” SERAP added.

Please share your views in the comment section.

Ganduje Bribe Scandal: Court Delivers Shocking Judgement In Kano

Investigations into the bribery allegation against Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje may never see the light of the day again as a High Court in Kano State has ruled that the House of Assembly has no power to probe the matter.

Ganduje had been under a probe by the assembly over video clips showing him allegedly receiving kickbacks from some contractors.

The governor Ganduje had approached court and challenged the power of the lawmakers to investigate him.

The presiding judge, Justice Ahmed Badamasi, yesterday averted that the first and second defendants, (the assembly and its seven-man investigative committee) lacked powers to investigate the matter.

He ruled that the defendants could not investigate the bribery allegation against the complainant.

Badamasi declared that the publisher of the online newspaper, Daily Nigeria, Jaafar Jaafar, that released the video clips, should have handed them over to the police or any anti-graft agency as they are the only bodies that have powers to investigate bribery allegations.

“An order of injunction is hereby made preventing the parties from conducting further investigation in respect of the matter,” he ruled.

Badamas, who backed his judgment with Sections 128 ( 2) and 129 of the constitution, declared that the assembly had no right or power to conduct criminal investigation against the governor.

Counsel to the assembly, Mohammed Waziri, later told journalists that he would consult his clients on whether they would appeal the judgement or not.

The third defendant, who is also the state’s Attorney-General, Ibrahim Muktar, expressed satisfaction with the judgement.

With Ganduje enjoying immunity and another four-year term almost a sure bet, there appears very little that can be done to the governor who has already promised President Buhari 5 million votes from Kano in 2019.

What is your take on this… Drop your comments and share the article

APC In Big Celebration Mode, As High Court Delivers Powerful Judgment In Favour Of Governor Abdullahi Ganduje Of Kano State

Justice Ahmad Badamasi of the Kano State High Court, has ruled that the Kano State House of Assembly has no power to investigate the $5 million bribery allegation against Governor Abdullahi Ganduje.

 

 

high-court

 

Delivering the judgement on Thursday, the Judge said that collecting bribe from Contractors is a criminal offence under section 115 and 116 of the Penal code, and the House has no capacity to investigate criminal offences.

He stated further that, investigating criminal offences is the function of Agencies under the Executive arm, such as the Police, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC.

 

Badamasi therefore, gave an order restraining the House from interviewing or inviting any person on the bribery allegation against Ganduje, as published by the Daily Nigerian newspaper.

Reacting, the Chairman of the seven-member Committee constituted by the Kano State House of Assembly to investigate the alleged bribery, Bappa Dan’Agundi, shortly after the ruling, revealed that the House would study the court judgment.

He said: “I will not comment on behalf of the House. The House will deliberate on the matter, take a decision and make it public.”

Bad News For Democracy As Court Stops Kano Assembly From Investigating Ganduje

A Kano high court has ruled that the state house of assembly lacks the power to investigate or invite Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of the state, over any alleged criminal case, TheCable reports.

 

 

Ahmed Badamasi, a judge, gave the ruling on Thursday.

 

He said the power to investigate criminal charges is vested in the police, Economic Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC.

 

 

The judge said the assembly, by constitution, only has the power to make law and review existing law but not the power to investigate criminal matters.

 

The suit was filed by Muhammad Zubairu, national coordinator of Lawyers for Sustainable Democracy in Nigeria, a pro-democracy group.

 

Joined as defendants in the suit were Baffa Dangundi, chairman of the investigative panel of the house, and the attorney general of the state.

 

 

Nuraini Jimoh, counsel to the plaintiff, applauded the ruling while Muhammad Waziri, the defendant’s lawyer, said he would consult his clients on their next line of action.

 

The state assembly had set up a seven-man committee to investigate the bribery allegation against Ganduje.

 

On November 5, the court had ordered the house to suspend the probe while ruling on an ex parte application by Zubair.

 

But the assembly vowed not to comply with the order.

 

 

The chairman of the committee investigating the issue had said the court order did not stop the panel from continuing with the investigation.

 

However, on November 13, the assembly eventually succumbed to the order, saying the house is a law-abiding arm of government, hence, it would obey the court and suspend all forms of investigation on the case pending the court judgement.

 

In videos published by Daily Nigerian, an online publication, Ganduje was seen allegedly receiving kickbacks from contractors.

 

The governor has denied the allegation, saying the video was doctored.

Please leave your comment below and don’t forget to share.

Just In: Alleged bribe taking governor set to walk free despite video evidence!!

Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, looks likely to get away with bribery allegations after a court ordered the state House of Assembly to stop its investigation of the governor.

A Kano State high court, presided by Justice Ahmad Badamasi has ruled that Abdullahi Ganduje House of Assembly has no power to investigate the $5 million bribery allegation against Governor Abdullahi Ganduje. Delivering the judgement on Thursday, the judge said collecting bribe from contractors is a criminal offence in section 115 and 116 of penal code, and the House has no capacity to investigate criminal offences.

He said investigating criminal offence is the function of agencies under executive arms such as police, the EFCC and the ICPC. Mr Badamasi therefore gave an order restraining the House from interview or inviting any person on the bribery allegation against Mr Ganduje as published by the Daily Nigerian newspaper. In an interview with PREMIUM TIMES, the counsel to Kano Assembly, Mahmud Waziri, said if the House decide to appeal the judgement he will pursue it, as he represents their interest.

The chairman of the seven-member committee constituted by the Kano state House of Assembly to investigate the alleged bribery, Bappa Dan’ agundi, shortly after the ruling, told PREMIUM TIMES that the House would study the court judgement and take a stand.

He said “I will not comment on behalf of the House. The House will deliberate on the matter, take a decision and make it public.” The national coordinator of Lawyers for Sustainable Democracy in Nigeria, Muhammad Zubair, filed a suit in Kano High Court, praying the court to determine the constitutional competence of the state lawmakers to investigate the allegation of $5million bribery against Mr Ganduje.

Please share your views in the comment section.

VOTE FOR ATIKU AND REMAIN IN THE DARK!! APC governor warn South East against voting for PDP

Governor of Kano State, Alhaji Abdullahi Ganduje, has tasked the people of the South East to vote in large numbers for the APC so as to return to the mainstream politics of Nigeria.

Kano State Governor and Chairman, APC South East Peace and Reconciliation Committee, Alhaji Abdullahi Ganduje, yesterday, said the South East geo-political zone could return to mainstream Nigerian politics if they vote for President Muhammadu Buhari and other APC candidates in the 2019 general elections.

Ganduje, who addressed a peace and reconciliation meeting in Enugu, said they were working with the objective to return the South-east zone to mainstream Nigerian politics. He recalled that efforts were made in 1979 to return the zone to mainstream politics since there was love between former President Shehu Shagari and his Vice, Alex Ekwueme (now late).

Ganduje said but for the military intervention, Shagari would have handed power  to Ekwueme at the end of the administration. He said on two occasions, Buhari ran for presidential elections in the past and chose Igbos as running mates, but he was not given the opportunity to win.

Please share your views in the comment section.