Panic as Explosion Rocks Mater Dei Catholic Church in Umuahia

There was pandemonium in Umuahia the capita of Abia state as a catholic church was  gutted with fire after an explosion. the spate of occurrence of fire explosions in Nigeria is getting out of hand and it has gone beyond mere accidents. There is a factor of poor regulation and administration of menace. TConcerned agencies and authorities must be challenged to stem the tide. Accidents maybe inevitable, the rate of human errors must be maximally eliminated.

Image result for fire explosion in nigeria and how to curb it

 

This year alone, tanker explosions in Nigeria has claimed so many lives and it’s very disheartening. There was pandemonium on Tuesday as people scampered to safety after an explosion rocked a Mater Dei Catholic Church in Umuahia. An explosion on Tuesday rocked the Diocesan Headquarters of Umuahia Catholic Archdiocese, popularly known as Mater Dei Catholic Church on Azikiwe road in Umuahia, the Abia capital. It was gathered the explosion, which occurred in the church premises at about 2:45pm, caused pandemonium in the area as residents who were taken by surprise scampered for safety.

Image result for fire explosion in nigeria and how to curb it

Sources within the cathedral revealed the explosion was caused by an old abandoned petrol tank, which had been buried and long forgotten. The church gardener, after his routine cleanup was said to have unknowingly set fire on heap of refuse collected while cleaning the compound directly where the tank was buried

Image result for fire explosion in nigeria and how to curb it

The heat from the fire was said to have triggered the explosion, which affected roofs of houses around the cathedral. No life was said to however been affected during the incident. Commissioner of Police, Chris Ezike said that personnel of the Explosive Ordinance Department (EOD) of the State Command have been moved to the scene of the incident.

 

Related image

He said in a telephone conversation: “A cleaner in the church, after sweeping the compound set fire on the debris and the debris spread to a disused underground fuel tank and exploded, bringing down part of a nearby fence and shattering a vehicle parked in the next compound.

“As I speak to you, the Explosive Ordinance Department (EOD) of the Police; the Bomb Disposal Unit has been moved to the place to make all assurance that there is nothing much more than the facts that we know now.

“By tomorrow, when they come out with their scientific report, I will also update members of the public.”

 

Related image

 

It would be recalled thatthere was a recnt pipeline explosion which took the lives of not less than a hundred and fifty people in Abia state. the fire was as a result of “pure neglect by PPMC” and not vandalism as those who died in the inferno did not break the pipelines but only went to help themselves because they saw that fuel was gushing out from the broken pipe.”

BE CAREFUL! This Kenyan Woman Was Killed By Her Phone

In Kenya, a 45-year-old woman know as Mary Akinyi passed away after her mobile phone which she was charging with solar power in her bedroom exploded suddenly.
Her husband was injured and was rushed to hospital. The Standard of Kenya reported that the accident in Kadiburo Village, Kagan, Rangwe sub county of the country occurred on Sunday night.
Image result for Mary akinyi phone explosion
The newspaper did not indicate what the model of the phone was. There had been reports of mobile phones catching fire in the past and people have often been warned to keep away from their ears the mobile gadgets when being charged.
The woman, identified as Mary Akinyi, died on the spot after sustaining serious injuries on her face and head when the phone that was being charged exploded.
Image result for Mary akinyi phone explosion
According to Nathaniel Ochieng, the deceased’s brother-in-law, the mobile phone exploded after
lightning struck a solar panel on the roof.
The mobile phone was charging in the bedroom where the couple was sleeping during a heavy downpour in the area.
Ochieng said electronic devices connected to solar power in the house were also destroyed.
He said: “Efforts of family members to rescue Akinyi proved futile since she was already overwhelmed by the burns. “It was an unprecedented incident in this area.”
Image result for Mary akinyi phone explosion
Akinyi’s husband, Patrick Yala, who was with her in the house during the incident, sustained serious injuries before being rushed to Ndiru Health Centre for medication.
Dancun Ngicho, Medical officer in charge of Ndiru health centre, said Yala sustained serious shock in the incident. He said the patient was vomiting blood, which put him in a critical condition. Ngicho said Yala developed general body weakness and had some glass cuts on his face.
Image result for Mary akinyi phone explosion
How do you feel about this bizzare news? Drop your comments in the comment section below, we love to hear from you as always.

YULETIDE SEASON! FRSC to setup 30 road camps

The Federal Road Safety Corps has began plans for the establishment of 30 road camps along corridors designated as critical across the country.

The Corps Marshal, Mr. Boboye Oyeyemi, made this known today at the 2018 Fourth Quarter Strategy Session with 12 Zonal Commanding Officers and 37 Sector Commanders in Abuja.

Oyeyemi said that the session would enable the corps strategise toward ensuring a successful Operation Zero Tolerance which is the corps end of year Special Patrol Sessions.
He noted that FRSC had also activated all Roadside Clinics and the Emergency Rescue Ambulance Scheme.
Oyeyemi said that the Emergency First Respondents Scheme members across the country had also been mobilised.
The corps marshal pledged that all commands will work in close contact with the Federal Road Maintenance Agency and States Traffic Management Agencies, among others.
“Already, a total of 201 Mobile Courts have been put on notice to sit throughout the operation period, which is December 15, 2018 to January 15, 2019.
“In addition, motorists who commit life threatening offences will be referred for emotional and psychological evaluation test,” he said.
He further said that within the quarter, the corps commissioned three permanent Sector Command offices in Oyo, Ekiti and Kano, bringing the total to four out of eight newly constructed ones.
“Three others are on the last stage of procurement process and will be commissioned in early 2019,” he said.
He said that President Muhammadu Buhari had accented to the UN Convention on Road Traffic Signs and Signal of 1968, adding that the instrument of accession was deposited at the UN Treaty Office in October.
He urged members of the corps to ensure that the core values of the convention were brought to bear on the country.
Oyeyemi said that the corps had received FRSC Traffic Radio licence from the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), saying that the radio station would be on air in the first quarter of 2019.
He further said that the FRSC Establishment Act was currently with the National Assembly undergoing the process of repeal and re-enactment.
The corps marshal explained that the purpose was to align the corps appropriately with best global practices such that can fulfill its responsibilities better for the benefit of humanity.
He urged Commanding Officers to take inventory of all corps logistics and communication facilities so as to ascertain their working order.
Oyeyemi, however, called on all road users to consider compliance to road traffic regulations sacrosanct, particularly as over 75 per cent of crashes resulted from human errors.
“The FRSC will not hesitate to invoke its powers to bring to book road users who will not willingly comport themselves in traffic.
“Compliance with road traffic regulations remains a compulsory civic obligation for which defiance will not be tolerated,” he said.
Share your comments below

Ogoni Youths Revolt Over Delay In Clean-up Exercise

Ogoni youths, under the aegis of Ogoni Youths Federation, have shown their displeasure over the delay of the Ogoni clean-up exercise by dragging both the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project and the Ministry of Environment to a Federal High Court in Port Harcourt.
Image result for ogoni youths
The president of the youth group, Legborsi Yamaabana, who spoke to journalists after the court proceeding, said the group also wanted the court to compel the company to explain how the $10m take-off fund for the Ogoni clean-up was spent.
 
Yamaabana stated the youths decided to approach the court after several written requests by the group to HYPREP and the Ministry of Environment requesting the details of the utilisation of the fund were ignored.
Image result for federal high court port harcourt
He said “Ogoni youths have approached the court to seek accountability and transparency relating to the Ogoni remediation exercise. Ogoni people cannot continue to die of benzene-poisoned drinking water, seven years after the UNEP report and nothing has been done. We are in court to safeguard the lives of our people. One of our prayers amongst others is information on how the $10m initial take-off grant for Ogoni clean-up exercise released to HYPREP was managed.”
Image result for ogoni youths
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments.

Plane Carrying 207 Passengers looses wheel, bursts into flames While Landing In Airport

A plane which was carrying as many as 207 passengers has lost its wheels while landing inside an airport, sparking some panic. It has been reported that no less than six people were injured after the wheels of a recently delivered Vietjet Airbus plane flew off as the aircraft made a rough landing.

 

Officials said the plane made a rough in central Vietnam on Friday, leaving some passengers injured. According to reports, the incident comes as Southeast Asia’s booming aviation industry faces scrutiny following last month’s deadly Lion Air crash in Indonesia blamed on technical problems with a near-new Boeing 737 that the airline failed to check.

 

Related image

Like Indonesia, Vietnam’s airline industry has expanded rapidly in recent years with carriers such as budget airline Vietjet buying up planes and adding domestic and international routes. On Thursday evening, a plane lost its nose wheels as it made a rough landing in Buon Ma Thuot from Ho Chi Minh City, according to the transport ministry.

 

The flight “encountered a serious incident during landing, during which two front wheels of the aircraft were lost,” according to a report seen by AFP, written by the ministry for the Prime Minister.

 

 

Images published by industry publication Flightglobal showed the nose wheels shorn off and the emergency slides deployed from the plane’s side. The flight’s 207 passengers were safely evacuated but six people were briefly hospitalised with minor injuries, Vietnam’s Civil Aviation Authority said.

Image result for PLANE Crashes while landing in airport

The Airbus A321 plane had been delivered to Vietjet two weeks ago, though it was not clear if it was a new aircraft. An Airbus spokesperson told AFP they “are in contact with the airline to determine what occurred and will provide all necessary technical assistance”.

 

The airline, the country’s fastest-growing carrier and owned by Vietnam’s richest woman, said it was in contact with authorities to “assess the incident and promptly support all affected passengers”.

 

 

Vietjet has courted controversy in conservative Vietnam by staffing inaugural flights with bikini-clad air hostesses and with its racy annual holiday calendars that have raised eyebrows at home. Vietnam’s aviation sector has soared in recent years, with passenger numbers jumping to 62 million last year from 25 million in 2012.

UPDATE: See The Number Of People Rescued From Collapsed Port Harcourt Seven-Storey Building

There is some cheering news from the site of Friday’s collapsed seven-storey building in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

The latest report indicates that the number of those rescued from the rubbles has risen to 20 while just one person has been confirmed dead contrary to the bigger figures been brandished on Friday night.

The Rivers State Government has stated that it will launch a comprehensive investigation into the immediate and remote causes of the collapsed 7-storey building under construction at Woji Road of New GRA Port Harcourt.

In statement signed by Simeon Nwakaudu, Special Assistant to Governor Nyesom Wike on Electronic Media, the State Government also declared that it would ensure that all persons trapped under the rubble of the 7-storey collapsed building were rescued.

Speaking at the site of the collapsed building, Chief of Staff to the Rivers State Governor, Engr Chukwuemeka Woke said that about 20 persons had been rescued alive, while emergency personnel mobilised by the Rivers State Government were working round the clock to rescue more trapped persons.

Woke said that leading officials of the Rivers State Government, including the Secretary to the Rivers State Government, Hon Kenneth Kobani, the Attorney General of Rivers State, Zacheus Adangor; Commissioner for Information, Emma Okah; Commissioner for Special Duties, Emeka Onowu and Commissioner for Sports, Mr Boma Iyaye, were on ground.

Also on ground were the State Commissioner for Energy, Dr John Bazia, Mayor of Port Harcourt City Local Government Area, Mr Victor Ihunwo Nyeche; Chairman of Etche Local Government Area, Obinna Anyanwu; Special Adviser to the Rivers State Governor on Special Projects, Alabo George Kerley and a member of the House of Assembly, Mr Enemi Alabo George.

He said that the State Government had mobilised the State Fire Service, Civil Defence, Police, Ministry of Works and Construction giants to participate in the massive rescue operation.

“All the relevant agencies and organisations needed for the rescue operation have been mobilised by the Rivers State Government.

“So far, about 20 persons have been rescued alive , while one person has been confirmed dead. The comprehensive rescue operation is ongoing and we continue till the last person is rescued.

“This is an unfortunate incident. The Rivers State Government will launch an inquiry into this building collapse. Anybody found to have contravened the law will face the full weight of the law”, he said.

California fire: Abandoned Hospital For Stranded Animals (Photos)

Selfless veterinarians and nurses have set up a makeshift animal clinic in an abandoned hospital to treat hundreds of animals that were left to be burned alive in the California wildfires. There are 600 animals at the Del Oro County Hospital building in Oroville and all are being cared for the North Valley Animal Disaster Group.

Among the residents are 258 cats, 188 dogs, 76 chickens, 41 birds including a handful of brightly colored parrots and five rabbits. Larger animals have been transported to the Butte County Showgrounds in Gridley, California and another is being operated in Chico.

‘We work with Butte County Animal control and we’re sheltering close to 600 animals chickens, ducks, geese,’ said shelter lead, Karen Falconer, 62, of Oroville, California.A cat with charred paws is among the hundreds of animals being looked after inside the hospital by volunteer nurses and vets.

Sara Anderson feeds a cockatoo inside the animal hospital. In addition to the hundreds of cats and dogs that have been rescued, there are 41 birds inside the shelter.

 

A woman cradles a dog at the airport. People have been both dropping animals off there and going to look for their pets.Volunteers stack up donated dog food, blankets and pillows at the Chico Municipal Airport on Tuesday.

Some injured animals before rescue.

2018 has been one of the most destructive wildfire seasons on record in California, with a total of 7,579 fires burning an area of 1,667,855 acres (6,749.57 km2), the largest amount of burned acreage recorded in a fire season, according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection and the National Interagency Fire Center, as of November 11. The fires caused more than $2.975 billion (2018 USD) in damages, including $1.366 billion in fire suppression costs.Through the end of August 2018, Cal Fire alone spent $432 million on operations. The Mendocino Complex Fire burned more than 459,000 acres (1,860 km2), becoming the largest complex fire in the state’s history, with the complex’s Ranch Fire surpassing the Thomas Fire and the Santiago Canyon Fire of 1889 to become California’s single-largest recorded wildfire

I Gave My Boyfriend N7m, Done A Lot Of Abortions For Him, And Now He Wants To Marry Another Lady (What Should I Do?)

I am a very shy person and a very private person. My boyfriend introduced me to Naijaloaded relationship segment, and we are both addicted but he made me make him a promise never to bring out matter here for any reason, but I am about to break that promise because I need help.

I have dated him for 6 years, 3 abortion and borrowed him 7 million naira all he has not accounted for. The last job I got for him with my dads contact I don’t know the drama that happened between him and a staff and he got fired, I had to give him money to start a business.

He has engaged me already but I am getting uncomfortable. What got me worried was last night when I told him I was pregnant again and he asked me to abort it, I was so upset and he said that if he takes me to his parents with Pregnancy they will see me as a slut.

I refused bluntly this time and he insisted by saying if I keep the baby he will dump me and marry another person and he swore on his life.

Leaving him is not the issue, the issue, how do I get my money back. Over 7 million naira. I don’t have a salary, we do joint account and I can’t even brag of 50k of my own. I know he will read this message, so I want people to judge this matter. As for the baby I will keep it, but am scared of being a single mum.

Please What Should I Do? Please guys share your thoughts in the comment section below.