Popular singer, Terry G, has waded in on the current economic situation in Nigeria, saying youths won’t need government jobs if they empower themselves.
In a recent chat with reporters, Terry G advised that come 2019, Nigerian youths should no longer wait for the government to provide jobs for them but empower themselves by learning a trade or acquiring a vocational skill. He said;
“My advice to the youth is that it’s all in their hands, if they have handwork it’s better for them. If they don’t, they should look for one to learn; they can’t keep relying on the government because the government also needs the support of the youths. If they are diligent at whatever they do, they will reap the benefits, instead of waiting on the government.”
The Nigerian musician and producer who has received critical acclaim for his unique brand of music and personality, Gabriel Oche Amanyi who goes by the stage name of Terry G was born on 7 March 1986 in Lagos, Nigeria. He started singing in the choir of his local church at a young age. He has been described by The Punch as “one of the world’s weirdest singers”, by Vanguard as a “Weird singer” and by Channels TV as the “Craziest musician in Nigeria”. There is no doubt that the 32-years-old musician and producer has managed to stay relevant in the Nigerian entertainment industry with his controversial lyrics and awkward identity.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Nigerian musician and producer, Terry G:
- Terry G was born as Gabriel Oche Amanyi on 7 March 1986 in Lagos, Nigeria.
- He shares the same birth date as his mother.
- He started singing in the choir of his local church at a young age.
- He is signed to TCP Entertainment and Black Wall Street record label.
- He mentioned 2Face Idibia as his greatest musical mentor.
- He has been described by The Punch as “one of the world’s weirdest singers”, by Vanguard as a “Weird singer” and by Channels TV as the “Craziest musician in Nigeria”.
- In 2013, he released his fourth album titled Book of Ginger.
- Through his songs, he has admitted to using drugs and alcohol and in September 2014, he admitted to stop taking hard drugs.
- He has collaborated with artists like D’Money.
- He is a father to a cute baby boy.
Do you agree with him? Olease leave your comments below.